Proactive Ways to Keep Your Smile Shining
Because our teeth are naturally porous, they are good at becoming discolored and stained. Discoloration over time is almost inevitable, and future whitening treatments will likely be necessary to keep your teeth as white as you would like.
In between whitenings, there are many proactive things you can do to help keep your teeth white:
- Consider a whitening toothpaste.
- Use a straw for drinking.
- Keep your teeth clean.
- Eat more healthy foods like fruits and vegetables.
Things to Avoid If You Don't Want to Stain Your Teeth
Other than dental care and routine visits to the dentist, there are some things you can avoid to help keep your teeth looking pearly white.
If you want to keep your teeth white, avoid:
- Drinking staining beverages like coffee and red wine.
- Smoking, which in addition to staining your teeth, impacts the total health of your mouth.
- Waiting too long to brush after meals. Many foods can cause discoloration and feed the bacteria that cause damage to the enamel, which will diminish the whiteness of the tooth.
South Birmingham, AL Dental Whitening and Dentistry
If you need dental whitening, a routine cleaning, or a check-up, look no farther than Cook Family Dental. Contact us today to see how we can help brighten your smile.