Our porcelain veneers in Birmingham, AL, are made of the finest quality porcelain for a lasting, beautiful, and functional result.
On average dental veneers last between 10 and a dozen years, but if you take excellent care of your restorations and practice a few good habits, they can last much longer.
A dental veneer is a measured section of porcelain cemented to the forward surface of a tooth. You can choose one veneer or many, depending on your needs. To properly flush your veneer alongside untreated teeth, your dentist removes a bit of tooth enamel. This means the veneer is permanent and must be replaced if damaged or lost.
To extend the life of your porcelain veneers:
- Brush and floss following all meals or at least two times per day
- Come into our dental office for checkups and teeth cleanings every six months
- Avoid biting on sharp or hard objects like pens, stones, ice, or bottle caps
- Talk to your dentist if you grind and clench your teeth
- Don’t participate in athletics without the proper mouthguard
Talk to Your Cosmetic Dentist in Birmingham, AL
Are you considering veneers? We encourage you to contact our dental team to arrange a consultation with the dentist today.