Living without a tooth can lower your quality of life by affecting your appearance, your nutrition, and the way you speak. According to the American College of Prosthodontics, almost 200 million people are missing at least one tooth, and a staggering 35 million have no teeth at all.
Dental implants in Birmingham, AL, can give our patients a new lease on life, and restore their radiant smile. In fact, dental implants are considered the gold standard for tooth restoration.
Our dental implant specialist, Dr. Aaron Cook, is highly trained in tooth replacement procedures and can determine your candidacy during your initial consultation. If you are tired of neglecting your smile, give us a call to get your smile back on track.
What Are Dental Implants?
Implants are composed of thin, biocompatible titanium rods that are anchored to your jaw bone until the implant and the bone fuse together. Once the dental implant has healed and has integrated with the surrounding bone and soft tissue, it serves as a new tooth root. A dental prosthetic like a dental crown, bridge, or denture is attached to the implant to restore function to our patient.
- Why Makes Dental Implants So Popular?
- High success rate—Dental implant placement in Birmingham, AL has a 95 percent success rate
- Feels like your natural tooth—No other tooth replacement procedure feels and functions just like your existing tooth
- Permanent tooth replacement—With proper care and maintenance, your tooth implants in Birmingham, AL should last you a lifetime
- Durable and strong—Because dental implants are fused to your bone, they will never shift, move, or break
- Prevents bone erosion—With a tooth root stimulating bone growth, our patients never have to worry about bone deterioration that happens with a missing tooth
- Improves quality of life—Because dental implants act just like an existing tooth, your chewing and biting functions are restored, along with your appearance and speech.
Call Us to Learn More about Dental Implants
If you’re considering dental implants in Birmingham, AL, please call Cook Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. Our implant dentist, Dr. Aaron Cook, can go over the procedure with you and explain how implants work.
Give us a call today!